Light it up Blue ~ Autism Speaks~

I personally don't have a child with Autism, but I have friends with children affected by Autism. I don't fully understand this condition, I went here to try to learn more about it. Did you know 1 in 110 American children are affected? This year I learned of a special awareness day for Autism, I plan to participate and light my house up blue, and dress my son and myself in blue! If you happen to see places of business with blue lighting on April 2, 2012, you will know why.  If you drive by my house on that day/night my porch light will be glowing blue for Autism awareness.
 Won't you join me?
To learn more about Autism or to walk, donate,and light it up blue.Visit http://www.lightitupblue.org

Light It Up Blue, in its third year, is a unique global initiative by Autism Speaks to help raise awareness about the growing public health concern that is autism. Iconic landmarks around the world will Light It Up Blue to show their support on April 2, 2012 - World Autism Awareness Day.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much for posting this Autism Awareness Day. Everyone needs to take the time to educate themselves on this issue facing our society. So many children are affected and we will all eventually be touched one way or another by it. I have children I work with that have Autism. They are each special and unique children who want the same things as other children and that is to be loved and accepted. They may not know how to express these needs and it is up to us to help them! Come on everyone and LIGHT IT UP BLUE on April 2!!

    ReplyDelete

Love This? Share It!