How I get the Get up and Go.

Image courtesy of  Graphicsfairy.blogspot.com
There are times when I lack the get up and go that I need just to get my every day chores finished, or even started. I'm not really a self motivated person. I have to create the motivation I need to get myself moving. I love making lists...I have a lot of them. They don't always help me actually start my projects though. I'm really bad about daydreaming, I dream of a cleaner house, finished scrapbooks, and so many other wonderful things. Making my lists is just another way of putting off the work.  I'm an extremely lazy person, but at least I admit it!  

I've found rewarding myself seems to work the best for me. When I have something that needs to be done, and I'm dreading it. I think of something I really want, my iced coffee, or time spent reading a book. I tell myself I can have that free moment/reward when my job is completed. 

If you are like me you need some help in the motivational department, then I have a wonderful site to share with you. Daily Feats is a wonderful site set up just to help keep you motivated to do all the jobs/chores you have each and every day. They can be as simple as brushing your teeth or walking your dog. Whatever you need to get done you can schedule and daily feats will keep track of your progress. Cool right? Well, if that isn't awesome enough, they also keep track of what you are accomplishing with points. The points you acquire can then be redeemed for rewards! They have a wide range of rewards, anything from coupons to giftcards. I encourage you, if you are like me and need a little nudge in the right direction check out Daily Feats Try rewarding yourself for your small accomplishments, for me it helps! 

How do you keep yourself motivated through the day? 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love This? Share It!