How to be a Lazy Cook~Crockpot Beef and Potatoes

I've been trying to do better for our family, and have home cooked meals as much as possible. While putting together menus and getting everything planned out in advance has never been my strong suit. I have found something that works for me, a lazy cook. This is not an original idea, but it's one that works for me, so I know it will work for others. Worth sharing in my book. Here is what I did for this lazy freezer crockpot meal.

I used:
  • 1 package of Beef Stew Meat
  • 1.5 lbs small Potatoes
  • 1 package frozen diced onions with seasonings (this was extra lazy on my part I didn't want to slice onions)
  • 1 package frozen mixed veggies (carrots, red and yellow peppers, once again very lazy)
  • Worcestershire Sauce
  • Mustard *added when put in cooker
  • 2 cups Water *added when put in cooker
  • Extra Seasoning to taste

Freezer Prep:
So the day I was making these bags for the freezer I did multiple bags, and I just added each ingredient to the all the bags at a time.
Pull out your gallon sized freezer bags, and date them.
I layered the Potatoes, then the Veggies, Onions/Seasonings, then the Stew Meat. I drizzled about 2 Tablespoons of Worcestershire over the mix before sealing the bags.

Cooker Prep:
When I was ready to use one of my lazy freezer cooking bags. I pulled out my slow cooker and set it to 4 hours on High.(slow cooker settings may vary)
I ran warm water over my bag to loosen it from the contents. I dumped it all in the cooker making sure the Meat was on bottom. Then I added the water, mustard, a drizzle more of worcestershire sauce, and seasoning (pepper mill). I stirred twice while cooking then a few times before serving.

Extra Lazy Hint: If you really don't want to think about seasoning this you can just add a Beef Stew seasoning packet or Beef Boullion, just make sure to add the appropiate amount of water.
 
We enjoyed the flavors of this dish, and I can't wait to make my easy meal again!

What meals do you make when you want to be lazy?

9 comments:

  1. Sound yummy and doesn't look like a lazy meal when it's served. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yes, the wonderful crock pot! We have have many meals from a crock. We don't see it as a lazy way to cook, rather a cook's assistant, while the cook's busy with other aspects of life :))

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh this looks so good! I'm a student, and I am trying to learn how to cook for myself since I no longer live at home. I definitely need to find more great recipes like this!

    http://www.tenderallure.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Seems yummy so I will try to prepare this for my family next week. Thanks for sharing :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yum! I am not a good cook and I am always trying to find EASY recipes!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds really good! I would of never have thought of using mustard in the stew! Will have to try it!

    ReplyDelete

Love This? Share It!