I received the below mentioned products free for the purpose of review, all views and opinions are my own honest evaluations.
Sponsor is responsible for prize fulfillment. See Disclosure.game-day recipes that I'll be whipping up for the big game. What is Homegating you ask? Well it's all the fun of tailgating from the comfort of your own home with all the amenities of your kitchen! Enter for a cooler full of delicious Wholly Salsas and Wholly Guacamole below!
Wholly™ Deep Fried Guacamole
by Tiffany, 2011 HOMEGATING® Recipe Book Contributor
- Wholly Guacamole® dip
- 3 eggs
- 3 Tablespoons water
- 1 cup flour
- 3 cups crushed tortilla chips (great way to use up those chips in the bottom of the bag that are too small for dipping)
- vegetable oil, for frying (I filled my pot with 48 ounces)
The day before the big game:
- Fill ice cube or baby food freezer trays with Wholly Guacamole dip. Spread out evenly with a spatula and tap on countertop to get rid of any air pockets. Cover & freeze overnight.
- Decide how many cubes you want to make and just mix up more egg-wash and add more flour and chips to bowls as needed. The listed ingredients will be enough to coat about 2 trays of cubes.
- After you try this recipe you will probably want to make extra guac cubes to keep on hand in the freezer for whenever you have a Wholly Guacamole dip deep-fried craving.
- Line a cookie sheet with foil, prepare egg-wash in a small bowl by mixing eggs and water with a fork, crush tortilla chips(I put in a zippered bag and crush with a rolling pin), put flour and crushed tortilla chips in separate bowls.
- Pop cubes out of trays and into flour, coat each cube with flour, dip each cube in egg-wash, then roll in crushed tortilla chips, dip in egg-wash again and finally coat with the crushed tortilla chips again. Place coated cubes on cookie sheet and return to freezer while you heat oil. Heat oil in a deep pot (to minimize splatters) to about 350 degrees. Line a plate with paper towels. Fry each cube in oil until it turns a nice golden brown. Remove deep fried guacamole from oil and let it set on the paper towel lined plate before transferring to another dish to serve.
- For a thicker center, you can mix cream cheese with Wholly Guacamole before freezing in trays to acheive desired consistancy.
Find more unique game-day recipes like this one at Wholly Guacamole's site.
Get Social With Wholly Guacamole!
One lucky reader will be selected to win a cooler full of Wholly Guacamole and Wholly Salsa as pictured above. (ARV $45) Open to readers in the US, 18 years and older. Enter using the rafflecopter below. Open for entry from 2/1/2014 until 2/15/14 at 11:59 pm EST. Good Luck!
(Don't forget to hop along and enter all the other Crazy Cupid events!)