Making Good Choices: The Naughty Leprechaun Story Review

I received the below mentioned book free for the purpose of review, all views and opinions are my own honest evaluations. See Disclosure. 
Book : The Naughty Leprechaun Story
When it comes to children's books the Booper has shelves full and I love reading to him. It's funny how he has his favorites and we end up reading one of those favorites almost every night at bedtime. We just discovered a new favorite that we'll be pulling out each year in March. The Naughty Leprechaun Story was written by Stephanie Hicks a mother of two children, and I have to say I love her style. This fun book comes to life with two leprechaun brothers and their story of choices. With lovely illustrations by Ted Dawson the Booper quickly warmed up to these fun loving characters and the children they visit in the book.
The story of Liam and Leyland and how they each took very different paths really drew in the Booper. I had no idea he would connect to this story the way he did. He was very serious, and listened intently as I told the story of how Liam works hard and applies himself. We read on how Liam realizes that rewards don't come from having good luck but they come to those who work hard. On the other hand Leyland didn't apply himself and only wanted the treats without doing his very best. I watched the Booper's face as I read about Leyland the naughty leprechaun and he frowned and was shaking his head. I like how this story isn't about good versus bad but more importantly how everyone can be their best just by choosing it.
We plan to use this fun story and coin to create our own St. Patrick's day tradition starting March 14. You read the story with your child and then you'll need to be prepared to keep the "magic" of the leprechauns alive by playing along. Your child will be making choices throughout the day then using the keepsake coin at night to choose Liam or Leyland, treats or pranks. If your child chooses Liam you might leave them some chocolate coins on their nightstand. Let's say they choose Leyland instead you might string toilet paper all over their room or turn the toilet water green to show them which leprechaun brother came to visit. Moms and Dads this is when you can really make some fun memories with your children! I have so many fun ideas to use with this. In my heart I really want the Booper to always choose Liam, but if he chooses Leyland Stephanie offers parents some great prank ideas on her site.


This set includes:
  • Hardcover book
  • 3.5" Etched Coin (This is really cool!)
  • Keepsake Box to store everything for next year! 
What a fun way to teach your children about choices and consequences. Hands on learning where they find making good choices really is rewarding. The Naughty Leprechaun Story children's book Gift Set is available for purchase on their site and retails for $29.95 plus shipping and handling.

Join in all the fun with Author Stephanie Hicks and The Naughty Leprechaun Story!

12 comments:

  1. Sometimes it can be hard teaching about choices and consequences. This book would be a great help!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would read this to my daughter. She loves her books!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My daughter Lizzie would love this. She loves books. We are constantly having talks about consequences,especially because she has a little brother and sister.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'd read this to my 2 daughters ages 2 and 5. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would read this adorable book to my grandkids!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would read this to my little girl who is 5. She loves getting new books in the mail for bedtime. The illustrations look cute.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'd love to read this to my four grandchildren.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Would read this to a cousin

    ReplyDelete
  9. This would be a great read for my two boys.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This book looks cute and fun with an important message. I like the the look of it and the story sounds good.

    ReplyDelete

Love This? Share It!