Tuesday, October 31, 2017

3 Tips For Buying A Used Car

This is a sponsored post brought to you by Cars.com. All views and opinions are my own. 
Are you in the market for some new wheels? Having a reliable vehicle is always important, but I probably think about it a lot more during the colder months of the year. I never want to be stranded in the cold or worry that my car's heat won't work. It's almost November and if buying a new pre-owned vehicle is part of your winter plans then you might want to consider these 3 Tips For Buying A Used Car.

1. Take The Test And Decide.
Choosing the make and model of the vehicle you're looking for might be the hardest part of shopping for a used car, at least it was for my husband and I. We weren't sure if we wanted an SUV or a truck until we started test driving vehicles. Soon after taking the test drives I learned I didn't like the visibility of most SUVs I preferred the trucks. After a few more test drives I decided on a make that I preferred. For me, it came down to the comfort of the seats since I'm short and the overall ride of the vehicle. Decide exactly what type of vehicle you need. Have a big family? Will it be used for work driving long commutes? Do you really need leather seats with all the bells and whistles? Once you've pinned down your set of parameters you're ready to start shopping!

2. Be Flexible And Patient
Having some wiggle room within your wish list really helps when car shopping. I wasn't picky about the color of my new vehicle and as funny as that sounds it made a difference in the price. A friend of ours got a great deal on a car once simply because it had a strange orange color and they loved driving it.

Patience could save you money? Yes, it's true simply by waiting for the best time to buy a used car you could save a lot of money. Don't overpay for your car by rushing into a bad deal you'll regret. The great thing about the used car market is the vehicles are always changing and there are always new deals becoming available. As luck would have it my husband waited for the exact car he was wanting and low and behold he found it for a lot less than he considered paying just a few months before. His patience paid off and now he has a reliable pre-owned car that gets him back and forth to work and anywhere he needs to go.

3. Shop With Cars.com
Want to shop for your next car in your Pajamas? Cars.com makes it easy to browse vehicles for sale from the comfort of home. Putting the dealership right at your fingertips. They offer helpful tips for first-time buyers or veteran shoppers. They even offer a research option to help you find out which vehicle is right for you. You can read car reviews and even get a side-by-side comparison. For parents and caregivers, Cars.com has a Car Seat Check page devoted to Child Passenger Safety. You'll even find helpful tips and DIY instructions for simple car repairs to keep you on the road!

Did you have experience shopping for a used car? Leave me a comment with your helpful tips!

17 comments:

  1. We have always bought used. Patience is a big one. You cant just hop at the first one, take the time to shop around!

    ellen beck

    ReplyDelete
  2. What great information, I learned a lot from reading it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are great tips and I love the idea of shopping at cars .com I hear they are really good.
    @tisonlyme143

    ReplyDelete
  4. We always search cars online before buying. Great information and patience is important despite difficult! lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the great info. My current car was purchased used and I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. A deer ran onto my hubby's car totaling it! We live in a small town in KY and it looks like we will have to travel at least an hour to find a good used vehicle that we want.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Patience is the best tip. One other tip is not to have too many dealers run your credit.

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are great tips. You have to be really careful when you're buying a used car. Take time to make sure it's worth your buy.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am looking to purchase a new vehicle for my college aged daughter. Thanks for the great tips.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yes all three very important. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I wish I knew this before buying my first used car!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for the great tips.I am looking for a car soon and I don't mind what colour it is either :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Never rush into a bad deal you'll regret! Patience does pay.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Good tips, we are looking to buy a used car within the next 6 months. I am definitely going to give Cars.com a chance.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I bought used in the past but I have found that I have better experience with new cars

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thank you for the GREAT tips. I am in the market for a used vehicle.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I've never owned a car. When I finally go for my first one, should I put a limit on the amount of miles it has? Is that really important?

    ReplyDelete

Love This? Share It!