I Am Iron Mom...Thanks To PreMama {Review}

I've struggled with being anemic for a long time, most of my adult life actually. I'm not sure why my body doesn't keep Iron since I eat a diet full of Iron-rich foods. I have Polycystic Ovarian Disease which might hold some of the blame, but I'm really not sure the why matters as much as the how I fix it. I have to go in regularly for blood work to check my Iron levels about once every six months to keep an eye on things. I'm now to the point I can tell when my levels are dropping by how much energy I have. The last time I went to see my doctor when my levels were WAY too low my doctor looked at me with disdain when I said I wasn't taking my Iron supplements at night. While I'm not pregnant or even trying at this point in time I was happy to have the chance to receive Premama Complete for review. I chose to test Premama because I wanted an alternative to my current vitamin and supplements regimen while still getting the Iron my body needs.

Premama Complete is a powdered prenatal vitamin mix with DHA. It currently offers an orange flavor and comes in a box with 28 daily serving sticks. With one hundred percent of daily Iron I was hopeful that this vitamin mix would help me keep my Iron levels up without taking a pill. True story..A while back I was looking for some easy vitamins to take and grabbed a bottle of prenatal gummies thinking they looked better than the hard pills I was taking at the time. Only when I got home I realized the gummies didn't contain any Iron at all. Guess I should have checked that? Most women who are expecting would expect a prenatal to have everything right?

I've noticed there are lots of prenatal vitamins and mixes on the market now but you'll want to avoid my mistake and take a look at the back of the box to know the facts. When you look on the back of Premama Complete you're going to like what you see.
I'm loving that Premama is Gluten-Free, GMO-Free and Vegetarian, also it's made and packaged in the USA. I was surprised by the flavor of Premama Complete it wasn't sickly sweet like I had assumed it would be, but was much bolder. It did have a bit of a vitamin taste so I enjoyed it better served ice cold. The daily serving packets are so convenient and make it easy to pour into a bottle of water! My helpful tip: this dissolves better if you shake it in a bottle rather than stir into a glass of water. As with any vitamin I want to be sure I note this is for adults and to keep these packets out of reach of children.
Enjoying Premama Complete at the start of my day. 
If you're looking for a new way to get all your prenatal vitamins without taking the large pills and possibly enjoy less discomfort try Premama Complete available at Target.

Don't be shy! Join the chat with Premama on Facebook and Twitter!

5 comments:

  1. Darlene Jones-NelsonSeptember 3, 2014 at 1:46 PM

    I am glad that they have came up with an extra way to get your daily amount of vitamins and do not have to choke down a huge horse pill

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been looking for an alternative to my prenatals. And I like that this is GMO Free and Vegetarian as well. I tend to be slightly anemic as well...so this would be great to try.

    ReplyDelete
  3. the baby come but she can stilluse it for the othe rproble she having

    ReplyDelete
  4. This sounds awesome! I don't really like my current prenatal.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This sounds great. I've struggled with anemia most of my life as well and have a really tough time when I'm pregnant. I'll have to keep the in mind.

    ReplyDelete

Love This? Share It!