Now, on with the product review.
When pulling the scale out of the box, the first thing I realized how light it was. One of my first jobs out of high school was working in a cafe. I used a scale on a daily basis there. At home I've never used a scale, basically because we didn't own one, until now.To turn the scale on simply press the On/Off button, to turn the scale off, simply hold the button down for about 4-5 seconds.(explaining that seems silly, but I thought I would) The scale features are great, one of my favorites being the TARE feature. This is handy because you don't want to know how much your bowl weighs, you want to know the weight of what's in the bowl. You simply set the bowl/cup whatever you are using on the scale then press the TARE button, which zeros off the digital screen. Then you can pour in what you want to weigh, and that's it. Easy, right?
The unit button works for easy conversion. You can choose, oz, g, lbs, or kg, without any trouble at all, just press unit to switch to what you need. This was a simple and easy to use feature, big button, no hassle.
If I'm 100% honest I will tell you, I can be bad about not reading instructions.(not that I'm recommending this behavior) I found all the features to be easy to understand and figure out on my own. There is a built-in timer, which I think is a great for lots of different uses. If you've read any of my past reviews, then you know how much I HATE searching for batteries for any product. Which brings up another great feature to this scale, not only did it come with the batteries needed, it also has a 3 minute automatic power-off. Nice. We seem to always be looking for batteries because something was left on accidentally(usually my son's toys) no worries with the Ozeri scale.
So here is a break down of the great features:
- Able to weight up to 12 lbs.
- Built-in Countdown kitchen timer.
- Precision Tare Button caculates the net weight of the ingredients. Great feature if you ask me.
- Unit Button instantly converts between oz, g, lbs, and kg.
- Bright LCD with a wide viewing angle for the on-the-go cook....haha!
- Large weighing platform finished in elegant chrome.~ see the nice shiny reflection in my photo?
- 3 -minute automatic power-off preserves battery life. YES!
- Compact design stores easily and is easy to clean. The smooth design is easy to clean.
- The Scale Runs on 2 AAA batteries~ that come included....Thank you, Ozeri!
So that's my review for the Ozeri Pro II Digital Kitchen Scale.~Weigh Away!