The Handmade Element {EK Tools Review}

There is nothing quite like receiving a card in the mail from someone you love, and it's even better when it's handmade! The handmade element makes any card a gift of it's own. Today, I'm reviewing the Snowflake Garland Punch from the ektools line from eksuccessbrands. Punches are one of my prefered paper crafting tools, and this one is a new favorite! This large snowflake can be used to make a festive garland by simply interlocking the snowflakes or by adhering them together. The punches from ek tools are great because they will lay flat and are stack-able! Plus, I love that you can see the image right on the front of the punch so finding the punch you're looking for couldn't be easier! I decided to use this punch to make some festive Winter cards.

When making my holiday cards I love using non-traditional colors, and this year I went with a celery green and gray color scheme. First I chose my designer paper, then I coordinated with a matching green card stock, and I chose white for the snowflake punch out.


  1. Choose your color scheme, paper and cardstock.
  2. Make your cuts, I made this in a standard notecard size 5 1/2" x 4 1/4 " (when folded) cutting my designer paper to 2" x 4 1/4". 
  3. Adhere the designer paper.
  4. Use the ektools Snowflake Garland Punch on white cardstock.
  5. I chose to use an antiqued brad to attach the snowflake.
  6. Use a stamp for your greeting. I used a simple "Winter" greeting. 
  7. Now that I have my design I can create a small assembly line of sorts and create several cards to send to those on my mailing list! 
I had so much fun playing with the Garland Punch! Here is another quick creation I came up with using designer paper to punch my snowflake this little note card/gift tag has some pizazz! Using a brad again to attach the snowflake, and this time I mounted on a punched circle to help the snowflake pop from the background. I love that this punch is so versatile, and can be used to make so many different holiday and winter themed projects. Simply switching from card stock to pretty papers you can come up with tons of new creation ideas.
 Whatever you're crafting using punches from EK Tools will give your project a pretty punch!

Thanks for reading my review of the Snowflake Garland Punch.
Happy Crafting ~Becky

To learn about more great products, and crafting ideas like this one
 be sure to follow EK Success Brands on Facebook.

The above mentioned punch was given to me for free for the purpose of review, all opinions are my own honest evaluations. 
Thanks for reading the fine print, have a nice day!

21 comments:

  1. That looks awesome! I love making home-made cards and scrapbooking!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm doing handmade gifts this year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love scrapbooking, how is that I never heard of EK Success before? Thanks for sharing, following them on FB now!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is so cute! Stuff like this makes me want to learn to scrapbook :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE IT!! That looks amazing!! Heidi

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a cool snowflake!!! The snowflake/brad combination is awesome :)

    ReplyDelete

  7. I am really liking that! looks great for scrap booking. I think I need to get back into it.. I am going to have to check these out!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love punches. They are so universal and really add something to the page.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love that! I will have to keep it in mind when I am doing mine!

    ReplyDelete
  10. omg i want one so awesome for crafts and scrapbooking!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love to make homemade cards but some of the tools that you find out there not so good this 1 looks like it's really good thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  12. That is so cute. I will be checking out the company to you those look really cute for punches. thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I make cards and I scrapbook. I have a couple snowflakes but this one is way to cute. Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. That is so cute. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Very cute and professional looking.

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is super nice. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  17. is is great. I just bought my first box of blank cards... i need to find some ideas :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is really nice. I like the design.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I really appreciate handmade cards, especially at christmas time. Yours look lovely.

    ReplyDelete

Love This? Share It!