I received a product in exchange for this post. Sponsor is responsible for prize fulfillment.
The world opens up to a child when they learn to read or have an adult that reads to them. My son is now seven and learning to read. He struggles with reading so it has become a sore spot for him and at times he's lost his joy for reading at all. When he starts to show signs of being burnt out or frustrated I will take over and just let him follow along until his curiosity for the story builds back. He brings home his readers from school, but we like to pick books from his shelf at bedtime. I think it's great for him to have his own library to pull from and go back to when he wants to read a familiar story. I was excited to learn about Little Fun Club and receive a box of curated books selected just for him.
My Thoughts Continued...
At first, he looked at the new books with disdain. "More reading?" he asked with a frown. I let him know these are just for fun you can pick when to read them or when I can read them to you. About an hour later I noticed he was sitting on the couch reading one of the books quietly to himself. I didn't say a word, but simply carried on doing some cleaning in our kitchen. He called to me from the other room asking for help with a difficult word. I hollered back the answer. A few minutes later he runs into the kitchen to ask for help with another word. This is huge. He could be doing anything on his free weekend day and he chose to sit down and read! New books are always fun, but Little Fun Club did an amazing job selecting books that truly sparked his desire to read for his own enjoyment.
Two of the books we received were picture books while one was a chapter book that had pictures as well. He let me know he wanted to read the whole series after we finished the first chapter book from his Little Fun Club box. Of course, we will!
About Little Fun Club:
Little Fun Club is a subscription box for children's books. It's ideal for kids ages 0-12. When you sign up, your child will receive a box containing three adventurous books every month. The books are tailored to your child's age so you can rest assured they will always have quality, age-appropriate reading material. Each book is hand selected for your child, and no two boxes are the same.
How it Works:
- Join Little Fun Club and let them know your child's age so the box can be customized for them. You can include up to three kids per box and they'll customize it accordingly.
- Get three adventurous books every month for as little as $25/month.
- Grow with Little Fun Club. As your child gets older, the books change accordingly — so you'll always receive age-appropriate books for your kids.
Good to Know:
- You can add a note to your child's account with reading preferences so the box can be tailored to their interests.
- Shipping is FREE on all boxes.
- Little Fun Club selects books based on merit. Books go through a rigorous selection process and are read and reviewed by the Little Fun Club team before being considered.
- If you receive a book that you already own, just let Little Fun Club know about it. They'll replace the book in the next box! You don't have to return anything.
- You can cancel or put your subscription hold at any time.
- A Little Fun Club subscription makes a wonderful gift for birthdays, holidays, or just because.
Prices:1 month - $29/month
3 months - $27/month
6 months - $25/month
You can see what types of books Little Fun Club offers by visiting their website.
Now for a fun Giveaway!
- One entrant selected by the entry form will receive $50 in PayPal cash!
- Open to US and Canada
- Ends May 12, 2017
Use the Rafflectoper to enter. Entrants must be 18 or older or have their parent/guardian enter for them. The winner will be chosen randomly. Winner must respond to my email within 48 hours or a new winner will be chosen. No purchase necessary to enter. This contest is void where prohibited by law.
a Rafflecopter giveaway
Blog Tour Schedule
April 17 - The Mommy Island
April 18 - Writing My Own Fairy Tale
April 19 - The Kids Did It
April 20 - Feed Your Fiction Addiction
April 21 - Book Review Mama
April 24 - Homebound but Hopeful
April 25 - Looking Glass Review
April 26 - Kristi's Book Nook
April 27 - Natasha Reads Books
April 28 - Create With Joy
May 1 - That's What She Read
May 2 - Tee and Penguin
May 3 - Bookworm for Kids, This Kid Reviews Books
May 5 - Word Spelunking
May 8 - Babies to Bookworms
May 9 - The Tangled Yarn
May 10 - Geo Librarian
May 11 - Savings in Seconds
May 12 - Kid Lit Reviews