*ABC as easy as 123*

Isn't she the sweetest thing ever? Of course I think so, I'm her aunt. This is an 8 1/2 x 11" page with a 5x7 picture created for the second spot in a scrapbook I'm working on for my niece. My niece is now 9 years old, and this scrapbook has been a work in progress since she was a baby. How do you span so much time in one scrapbook? How do you tie it all together? In this book I've been working on, it's as easy as ABC! This is an alphabet scrapbook. Every page is a letter of the alphabet, working my way through the whole alphabet. The page above is for the letter B. I chose Booga-bear, my niece's nickname as a baby. The fun thing about using the alphabet to make your pages, you can skip around with dates, occasions, people. Whatever you want to make a page about just come up with something about your picture to go along with the letter for your title. This alphabet scrapbook has more than one theme, the alphabet, and my niece. Every page is made especially for her. Someday, I will have the joy of giving it to her.

What makes a great ABC scrapbook, is the BIG LETTERS. Big letters draw your attention (did you notice?) The title for every page should highlight the key letter. It doesn't have to be the first letter of your title, but for me that makes it a little easier. As with any scrapbook I'm working on I try to come up with 2 complimenting pages at a time. Even if you don't know what your title word will be, you will know the next letter coming up. I try to make sure I have the 2 Letters or enough paper and accessories to do 2 pages before starting. Just try to keep things from clashing.

Getting ready to start a scrapbook, and at a loss for themes? ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXY&Z
 now I know my ABC's next time won't you scrap them with me?
Happy Scrapping!

1 comment:

  1. This has always been one of my favorite pics of our little sweet girl! I love the idea of scrapping the ABC's. One of these days....

    ReplyDelete

Love This? Share It!